Thursday, February 22, 2018

Today

One day I will be perfectly content with who I am.
I will wake up each morning not afraid to look in the mirror.
I won't feel the need to paint my face with contour or highlight.
And I surely, won't grab onto the fat of my cheeks.
I will look at my reflection, with complete contentedness.
I will no longer hate my face.

I won't feel ashamed walking on the beach in a bikini.
I will wear what I wanted and not what others decide looks best.
I won't suck in my stomach until my back ached.
And I definitely will not squeeze into a small size just to avoid the plus.
I will no longer hate my body.

I won't become silent around new people.
I will talk to whom I wish to and avoid who I want.
I will no longer create fake laughs to mask my own.
I will say what I'm feeling, no longer allowing myself to be walked over.
I will no longer hate my voice. 

And most importantly, I will not allow someone to tell me what I am capable of.
I will no longer hear their criticism over my own thoughts and ideas.
I will believe in myself, even when others have given up.
I will push myself further, while others let go.
I will be there for me when no one else is seen.

Today, I am beginning my journey of self love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danger

Everything about you screamed danger. But that's what got me hooked.  I grew up surrounded by a safety net. Never really worried ...