Thursday, February 22, 2018

To Myself

Dear Michaela,

I'm sorry for the things I've said about you.
And I'm sorry for the mean way I looked at pictures of you.
I'm sorry for making you cry yourself to sleep more often then you should.
And I'm sorry for not supporting you when no one else did.
I'm sorry for the things I've put you through,
Making you feel small, unloved and worthless.
I'm sorry that I cared more of how people saw you, than who you were.
I'm sorry I never saw the potential in you.
And I'm sorry it's taken me this long to write this.
But most of all, I'm sorry I didn't love you like I should have.

Sincerely, 
Michaela


1 comment:

  1. very nice. I can totally relate, unfortunately, as I'm sure many people can

    ReplyDelete

Danger

Everything about you screamed danger. But that's what got me hooked.  I grew up surrounded by a safety net. Never really worried ...