Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Intentions

What are your intentions?
Are you planning to stay awhile, or leave when you get what you want?
Are you planning to be there when I need you or only when you need me?
Do you want to make me laugh more than cry?
Or do you not even know?
Because I'm tired of people coming around me with bad intentions.
My intentions are always good and pure.
I never intent to hurt another or to disappoint.
Yet, here we are.
My intentions have been laid out from the beginning.
Easy to see and understand.
But what about you?
You see, your intentions are never what they seem.
You claim one thing, yet act another.
You say you love me, yet love another.
Why not just be honest and upfront with your intentions?
Maybe because you're afraid my intentions aren't the same.
Maybe because they aren't.
So please, tell me again, what are your intentions with my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danger

Everything about you screamed danger. But that's what got me hooked.  I grew up surrounded by a safety net. Never really worried ...