Sunday, September 2, 2018

Weeping

I weep for the girl I lost in trying to love you
For loving you, meant hating myself.
I never saw the danger of giving my all,
Until I had nothing left to give anymore.

I weep for the girl you've lost.
For she would have given you the world
And asked for little in return
You never saw how hard she tried
To be enough for you while holding on herself.

I weep for us both.
For we may never find this girl again.
She still appears from time to time
But vanishes at the blink of an eye.

I weep for the love that was lost
 And the love that was yet to be found.
For we may never know
The greatness that could have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danger

Everything about you screamed danger. But that's what got me hooked.  I grew up surrounded by a safety net. Never really worried ...