Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Prom Night with the Devil's Nephew





I should have known better than to believe 

that someone of his looks couldn't deceive 

But God did he seem so perfect

As though crafted just for me,

Under the fairy lights we danced away

As though prom night wasn't just any day.

His eyes latched onto mine, they wouldn't leave

The look he was giving me, I couldn't perceive. 

The looks of an angel, he had achieved

but for some reason, I wasn't relieved

For I knew he was no saint

Although my reasoning was so faint

No way could he be pure

He had too much an allure

I asked a question to be sure

Looking in his eyes, I took a breath

I asked him to say what was true 

"Was God upset when he left you?"

He smirked and my curiosity grew,

"No because I'm the devil's nephew."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Danger

Everything about you screamed danger. But that's what got me hooked.  I grew up surrounded by a safety net. Never really worried ...